Handmade the traditional way, with pure organic olive oil.
Olive oil soap is best known for it’s Antioxidant & Anti-inflammatory properties, it’s also moisturizing & healing. Traditionally used for sensitive skin, eczema, acne & psoriasis.
It gently cleanses the skin with a low lather, buttery consistency and is safe for the whole family!
***To extend the life of your bar soap, we recommend setting it on a pumice stone to allow it to dry. It also makes sure your pumice stone is ready to use at any time!
Olive Oil Soap Bar Ingredients: Saponified Extra Virgin Certified Organic Olive Oil (Olea Europaea) and Distilled Water (Aqua)
Herb bars also contain 1 or more of these organic herbs: marshmallow root/leaf, calendula flowers, lavender flowers and/or oats. Herbal properties below:
- Lavender antiseptic and anti-inflammatory
- Marshmallow antitussive, mucilaginous, antibacterial, analgesic, soothing
- Calendula antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibacterial useful in healing wounds, soothing eczema & psoriasis
- Oat reduces redness, soothes skin and imparts reparative properties
Gem & Georgian Bay stone/fossil bars also contain 1 of the following stones: rose quartz, clear quartz, shungite, Georgian Bay Stone or fossil. According to crystal therapy practitioners, the Metaphysical Properties of the stones are listed below
- Rose Quartz is the stone of universal love. It is believed to restore trust and harmony in relationships, encouraging unconditional love, purify and open the heart at all levels to promote love, self-love, friendship, deep inner healing and feelings of peace.
- Clear Quartz is the most popular, powerful & versatile healing stone of all the crystals. Used to amplify energy or intention, protect against negativity, connecting you to your higher self, strengthen the auric field, good to use if you spending time in negative environments as it holds your energy in, and others energy out. It holds information and often used to activate, clear and align all of the chakras.
- Shungite the “miracle stone” and/or “the stone of life,” is said to have healing and protection properties, including: boosting energy and immune system, balancing mind and emotions, protecting from harmful EMFs, detoxification and purification of the body.
- Holey Stone are stones with naturally occurring holes through them, used as a stone of protection, luck & healing aka Fairy stones
Use it as a bar soap or save money and reduce packaging waste by making your own liquid soaps!
Recipe: You will need a large pot, a large spoon or a spatula and a clean work surface
- Grate a 100g bar of Raindance organic castile soap into a bowl.
- Bring 1 litre of water to a boil in a large pot
- Turn down heat to lowest setting and add grated soap
- Stir until all soap has melted, cover with lid and set aside to cool.
- Allow to cool completely, stirring occasionally or let cool and mix with a hand blender and if you wish to add essential oil do it now then bottle and label your homemade liquid castile soap!
Making the soap really thick is not necessary. You can find videos online on how to use seasaly & water to thicken your liquid soap. Otherwise you can use a foaming hand pump or reuse one of your Raindance’s Blue Glass pump bottles after the lotion is gone. Save money and generate zero waste!
It will clean skin as well as kitchen dishes. It will not foam up like harsh chemical commercial detergents, but cleans just as well! Use full strength for hands, body and dishes. Mix 2 cups of warm water, 1-2 tablespoons of soap and a few drops of organic essential oil (such as lemon, peppermint or tea tree) in a spray bottle, shake and use it to clean counters, bathrooms or floors!
Make 1 litre of liquid organic castile soap from 1 bar of grated Raindance soap!
Made in Ontario, Canada. Hand cut, approx. 90-100g (without stones)